Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DMV Spotlight


Being a native of The DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia) and an artist, I've come across many local galleries/events/art shows/etc. Every month I will be featuring a few of the ones that have found to be interesting.  If you ever check any of these out, let me know what you think:

  • HIRSHHORN: AFTER HOURS -  Whenever I go to a new city, one of the first places I try to find is the modern/contemporary art museum.  From The Pompidou in France, to the MOMA in New York and San Fransisco.  Washington D.C.'s modern art museum is the Hirshhorn, and in the summer the museum is open from 8pm to midnight on certain days.  With live music it is definitely something fun to check out.  The next night the museum is open is July 23, so if you want to check it out look for tickets HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment